Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Chester Vermont Flash Mob



Halloween in Chester includes a costume parade from the elementary school, a trunk-or-treat candy-fest at one of the town's soccer fields, and last year, a small-town flash mob with members ranging in age from almost 3 months to grandmas (Aurora, my wee one, is strapped to her father's chest). I spent a few mornings with this likely bunch dancing around to the Black Eyed Peas for the fun of it, but also as a way to advocate for our little town. The video is included on a website promoting the town - Chester United. I felt that making this dance with this motley crew was partly an invitation to me as well, to settle and make moving roots in this funky, spirited place where the groovers will surprise and delight you with their enthusiasm.

2 comments:

Carole Ann said...

I love how you're shaking things up in chester, vt Ashley!

Ashley said...

Thanks Carole Ann! You should join us next time...